STEM Ambassadors use their enthusiasm and commitment to encourage young people to enjoy STEM subjects. They open the doors to a world of opportunities and possibilities which come from pursuing STEM subjects and careers.
STEM Ambassadors not only inspire young people, they also support teachers in the classroom by explaining current applications of STEM in industry or research.
STEM Ambassadors contribute to their local community and at the same time boost their own professional skills, experience and confidence.
STEM Ambassadors cross all ages and backgrounds, representing thousands of different employers across the UK.
What do STEM Ambassadors do?
STEM Ambassadors get involved in a huge range of activities, which can all have an impact on young people’s learning and enjoyment of STEM, including:
- giving careers talks or helping at careers fairs
- providing technical advice or practical support to STEM projects in the classroom
- supporting projects in after-school STEM Clubs
- judging school STEM competitions
- speed networking with pupils, parents and teachers
- devising or delivering practical STEM experiments or demonstrations
- helping students with mock job interviews
STEMNET’s regional and local network keeps STEM Ambassadors up to date with the wide range of opportunities and requests that we receive from teachers and schools. You can choose to volunteer for any of the activities in the regular emails and updates, or you can come up with your own ideas.
How does CQ get involved in STEM?
Our Managing Director, Jackie Cook is a registered STEM Ambassador and has been actively involved for a number of years working with manufacturing and engineering clients supporting their STEM activities to attract future talent into industry. Some of the work she gets involved with includes:
- Providing marketing strategy and digital marketing support and training to The work-wise Foundation
- Member of the organising committee for the annual Get Up To Speed event, ensuring national, regional and local marketing coverage and promotion
- Providing work experience opportunities through The work-wise Foundation summer academy and Cutlers’ Ambassadors programmes
- Ensuring PR coverage for STEM activity of clients including sponsorship of STEM clubs, work experience opportunities, supporting the work-wise Innovation Challenge and many more.
Guide Dogs for the Blind
CQ Strategic Marketing supports the Guide Dogs for the Blind, sponsor a puppy campaign. CQ first signed up at the start of 2016 and were proud to see Fifi the Labrador cross Golden Retriever complete her training in January 2018 joining her new owner, John. We are looking forward to seeing the progress of our new puppy, Alfie as he starts his training.
The Sponsor a Puppy programme enables Guide Dogs for the Blind to support every step of its training – from those tentative first days with a puppy walker through to more advanced training at guide dog school and eventually matching them with the right owner. This means as a sponsor you can be certain that all your donations will play a vital part in giving independence and freedom to blind and partially sighted people.
Managing Director, Jackie Cook, said “We are proud to support the Guide Dogs for the Blind in their vital work providing dogs that completely change a blind person’s life. As a dog owner myself it’s also good to see the love and friendship the dogs have with their owners.”